Eleni C. vanRoden Bickley
Eleni is a native of Harford County and a graduate of Elon University in North Carolina, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Corporate Communications. She became a member of the Maryland Bar in 2016.
During law school, she participated as a Rule 16 with the Harford County State’s Attorney’s Office, which allowed her to prosecute criminal cases with supervision in the district and circuit courts. Additionally, she was a member of the Family Law Clinic in law school, where she worked with parents in Termination of Parental Rights cases to be reunited with their children. These experiences have allowed Eleni to take a more creative approach to handling custody and other family law disputes.
Eleni is an active member of the Maryland and National legal communities, and she has memberships in the American Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, Harford County Bar Association, and Women’s Bar Association.
Eleni has also completed mediation and best interest attorney training, and she is a strong advocate for alternative dispute resolutions for divorce and child custody matters. Eleni has also been recognized as a Rising Star in Bel Air, MD for the year of 2023-2024.
When she’s not keeping us all in line, Eleni enjoys spending family time with her husband, their tiny humans, and dog in their blended family.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Best Interest Representation
- Child Support
- Marital Property Issues and Division
- Protective Orders
- Spousal Support
- The Creation of Wills
- Maryland, 2016
- Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2014
- Elon University, Elon, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: Corporate Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Solo and Small Firm Section, Newsletter Editor
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Lawyer Wellness Committee, Co-Chair
- Maryland State Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family and Juvenile Law Section, Young Lawyer Liaison and Media Chair
- Maryland State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Harford and Cecil County Representative
- Harford County Chapter of Women's Bar Association, Member, 2016
- Harford County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Liason, Member, 2016
Fraternities / Sororities
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- Phi Alpha Delta